[LRflex] Re: DM-R/Modules Problem, Need your help

  • From: Fred Hess / Phenix Visuals NL <fredhess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:30:01 +0200

Hello Dhruba,

Your problem could be caused by malfunctioning cams in the lensbayonet-mouth
of your Leica R9. They could be bended, and get more or less jammed, or show
some wear.Is your R9 a new camera or used one?
These cams and rings transmit mechanicaly the lensaparture
information from the lens (or adapter) to the electronics of the camera.

I had the same problem with my Leica
R8 and this camera had to be repaired by Leica Solms.
Your problem look like mine then.

Kind regards

Fred Hess