[LRflex] DM-R/Modules Problem, Need your help

  • From: NaturePhotography <photoinnature@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Leica R System users,

  So far I have been using Nikon, and Canon system with big tele lenses 600/4
IS/VR, 500/4 IS/AFS, 400/2.8 IS/AFS etc to shoot birds and also Leica R smaller
Lenses with Leica R8 camera and with Canon 1DS  Mark II with Adapter for
Landscape.

  Now I wanted to give a try to Leica DMR+R9 with Module Systems 400/2.8,
560/4, 800/5.6 to shoot birds.

  I am in an Island shooting birds with DMR+R9+Modules and it is my first
experience using this system.
I don't know why while I put M mode in my camera, the camera itself decides the
Shutter Speed and Apperture but sometimes it works as I want and sometimes not.
Does it have to do anything with the Module system?

The funny thing is 2x module has 5.6 as the biggest opening/apperture but
camera shows that it has taken picture af F 1.4, F 2.8 also, how come?

I thought my 2X module has this problem and tried with 1x module and same
problem.

 I would really appreciate if you kindly let me know what the problem could be
if you have any experience of this type.

 Thanking you in advance and happy photography.

 Dhruba K Sapkota
www.nature-photography.biz