[LRflex] Re: Canadian visitors for Thanksgiving....!

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:34:02 -0800

Hi David,

Good to hear from ya!  About the Canon FL55/1.2 lens - it has a custom
machined M-mount and is rangefinder-coupled from infinity down to
about 2.5ft.  I wouldn't have been that skillful or lucky
range-focusing the slowly moving geese w/the lens nearly wide open.
Photos of such a lens are here:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost-classifieds/showproduct.php/product/18380

That's not my lens nor the price I paid, but I did get a similar lens
from Victor Chan that cost maybe 20% of what a M-Hexanon would, let
alone a Leitz Noctilux.

Vasona Park is relatively small; the hills in the background of my
shots are not part of it.  In the summer time it gets crowded with Los
Gatos residents and nearby visitors on weekends, but is often bypassed
when people head to Santa Cruz, Monterey or Carmel from San Jose & San
Francisco, even though it is on the way just off Hwy 17.  I've seen
herons and swans, as well as paddle boats on the lake in the past.  It
is rather dormant these days, but comes alive this weekend till year
end for the annual Festival of Lights.  Maybe I will go back with
faster film and this 1.2 lens for some available light shots.

Thanks for looking, "Hi" to Rose, and lucky you for having 2
Thanksgiving feasts each year!
~ Eric

Hi Eric!

Well... the grass will be well fertilized!  ;-)

Vasona Park looks to be a lovely place ...

Which adapters did you use to mount the Canon 55/1.2 on the M7? And, I
presume, you used scale focusing, no?

Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner.. .I know I'm going to enjoy ours!

David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.