[LRflex] CIS ink brands

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 09:29:03 -0700

I am getting tired of having at least 1 of my 8 inks on the verge of empty
in my Epson R1800.  I can never print a large print for fear I will run out
of one of the colors.  I have looked into CIS once before but was not
satisfied.  But I am wanting to look again.  I see many cheap brands
advertised and for sale in places like the E auction site, but am afraid of
them for many reasons, mostly because I am not sure their ink will always be
available and I would need to make a new profile with each bottle.  Also,
cheap may mean clogging more often.

I have seen some more expensive ones, like Lyson, but that is almost too
much money in the short run.  I have their sample prints and they look
great.  Especially the blacks.  Also, I would assume they will be around for
a while and have a very consistent ink source.  No sure if there is a USA
distributor, or if I need to go through the UK Marrutt company.

Does anybody have any recommendations on companies that have good stuff at a
reasonable price.  Dependable and easy setup?  Easy maintenance?

Thanks

Aram