[LRflex] Re: But the bokeh is great!

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 23:18:25 -0700

Of course, with an M rangefinder viewfinder, I believe things look in focus all the time unless you are looking at the center split image.  Is that correct?  It has be ages since I have looked through an M viewfinder and I have never owned one to assist in my long term memory.

Aram

On 8/19/2019 10:55 PM, Peter Klein wrote:

Thanks, Peter S. and Aram.  This seems to be a common experience for manual focus camera users.

To her credit, "S.," the young woman who took the "bokeh" picture pretty much figured it out after about 12 shots. Her last two images were usable as family snaps with some extra sharpening in post.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/L1000177.html>

S. is into photography and shoots a Nikon DSLR back home. She was very interested in my Leica, and said she really wanted one. I suspect she would be fine with a Leica after a little instruction and practice. So think good thoughts about her, she's one of us!

--Peter

Aram wrote:
  Auto focus malfunction. Ha.

Aram

On 8/19/2019 2:33 PM, Peter Klein wrote:

     Why handing your Leica M to a relative so you can get into a
family picture often isn't such a good idea.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/L1000180.jpg.html>

------
Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:
  http://lrflex.furnfeather.ca/
Archives are at: