[LRflex] Re: Birds of a feather...

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:26:55 +0200

Curling? A nation of hairdressers?  :-)  :-)  ;-)
Sorry David, it's quite big in Germany too and goes by the ridiculous name of "Eisstockschiessen". Someone recently made a cheap replica of the game (art) using cast iron flat-irons
Cheers
Douglas
BTW, like the dicky-bird shot, I'm convinced Posy would just love to play with it for a while. At present (it's still too cold outside) she's still hunting the animals that run out of the TV screen on both sides in nature films. She already knows they're not behind the TV - she looked.

David Young wrote:
Charlie wrote:

C'mon, Charlie! We're Canadians ... and it was the World's! Of course everybody went to the Curling! (No joke!)
I guess it still seems much less reasonable than to watch ice hockey. :-)

Good Mornin' Charlie!

While Hockey (our national game) is a game of both skill and speed, Curling is more like chess ... a game of strategy and skill.

The best part is that our Women's team, after losing twice to the Chinese (!) were able to come from behind, to beat the Chinese in the final, and take Gold!

Colour us happy!  :-)

I'm only sorry that I was stuck in the craft fair, when I could have been down the block, watching the Curling!

David Young, Logan Lake, CANADA

Limited Edition Prints at: www.furnfeather.net <http://www.furnfeather.net/> Personal Web-site at: www.main.furnfeather.net <http://www.main.furnfeather.net/>