[LRflex] Bee on Daisy - Hong Kong flowers

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 06:41:27 -0700

> Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:08:09 -0700
> From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LRflex] Re: Bee on Daisy
>
> In a message dated 06/07/2011, H&E Cummer said ...
>
>> Hi Flexers,
>> No successful humming bird pictures today but one bee on daisy that
>> is good.
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/62ud7h6
>
> Now, that's nice!  :-)
>
> It's the angle that sets it apart from most "bee on flower" shots,
> and it
> looks great!
>
> How come we don't see work like this, from you, when you're in HK?
> '-)
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> David Young - Photographer
> Logan Lake, CANADA

HI David,
Thanks very much for the comment. Have never seen a bee in Hong Kong
although I'm sure they exist. There are flowers, of course,
brightening the smog, and I do take them as the mood strikes.
Here are a couple of examples both taken with my Nikon D700
and a re-bayoneted Canadian made 90mm summicron R.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2010_001/YlwRsW.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK2010_001/PurpleOrchidW.jpg.html

Cheers
Howard (still in hummer land)