[LRflex] Re: An old mine

  • From: <linda.vermeiren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:42:58 +0200

Dear Otto,

What you are telling me is fascinating to me  : you being an apprentice.

I was guided around (also underground) and got a lot (too much ;) ) information.(but that was in Belgny...)

I took a whole series of photos.

The one I showed you was a closed mine (underground as well...) and I could only walk around is , was warned not to go nearby.

The fact that there is still a lof of coal underground and people willing to get it up , is to me a sad thing . Petrol , nuclear energy is not always a good solution and getting less.
Wind turbines are also not eay to handle.... etc..

In Ireland I saw lots of farmers and others still use turf...

Is it really that bad for the atmosphere...

I thought it rather cosy , how they could change from one energy to another one in one stove....

I'm very interested in seeing old Photos (maybe getting them better... refreshing them by photoshop) or even do the opposite , have photos of miners (even guides) and have them omd-fashioned (antique gray , sepia...).....

The mood is still there, you know.....

Melancholy...

Yours sincerely

Linda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Otto Rath" <orath2001@xxxxxxxx>
From: linda.vermeiren@xxxxxxxxxx <linda.vermeiren@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] An old mine
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://fotos.designing.be/mijnBeringen/

MInes are supposed to be full of coal and this reserve will
last longer than other more and more expensive energy.

But the mine itself costs a lot..

It is not working any more.

It is a museum...

Very interesting , but sad as well....

Although conditions were hard , a lot of miners loved the
friendship in those days.

No racism.... everyone was black ;)

These were also scanned (from negatives)

Taken with the R3

Yours sincerely

L.Vermeiren