[LRflex] Re: IMG: Hawk Hill birds

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:56:19 +0200

wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hawk Hill's fall raptor migration is in full swing, and when the Bay Area's
fog cooperates there's plenty to see.  A few samples from yesterday:

The (very) common Turkey Vulture:
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/cathartidae/tuvu02.jpg

This is an ugly bird - not its fault - but a nice photo

On the west coast the Broad-winged Hawk is very rare, however there are
always a few sightings during the fall migration:
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/bwha00.jpg

You do have a steady hand Doug - I admire your capacity to shoot against the light (and the DMR's ;-) ) How much twiking on that one? Lovely tones, shot a bit late in its course perhaps.

The Golden Gate Raptor Observatory also bands the birds to track their
movements.  This immature male Merlin has been banded and is about to be
released:
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/falconidae/merl03.jpg

That's an eye ! Purfekt ! Sharp feathers and creamy bokek , what could I wish more.
I wish I had ...;

I also like the way you document your photos, keep them coming.
Thanks again
Phx

All photos: R8/DMR
Flight photos 560mm f/6.8 Telyt & shoulder stock
Merlin 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R with UET-R extension tube, shoulder stock &
monopod

All comments welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento