[LRflex] Re: A traditional Malay wedding

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 07:50:03 +0100

I had missed these.
Congrats on your good work.
My favourite is the hands with the fine silk of the dress.
Bien cordialement
Phx

Ruhayat X wrote:

Dear Aram,

thank you for your kind comments. I absolutely agree -- weddings are
nerve-wracking (and it's not even mine!). Not something I would do for money,
and I take my hat off to those who do it for a living. The toughest thing for
me was getting good exposure in frequently shaded areas while trying to ensure
the bride's white dress does not get blown.

The E-1 viewfinder is good enough for manual focusing with the 50mm Cron (due
to the 100mm effective FOV), but it becomes harder with the 28mm. If I ever get
serious enough to do semi-commercial work I can see how a Canon might come in
handy for the low light performance, though -- the E-1 is quite noisy above
ISO200. Personally I like it, but others often beg to differ.

Cheers,
Amri