[LRflex] Re: A traditional Malay wedding

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica reflex freelists <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 07:39:56 -0800

Amri.

Now if that were true, there would be no good wedding photos before the advent
of autofocus...  Perhaps the E-1 is not the tool for the manual lenses to be
used on...  A good old Leica R10 would be nice, or if you can't find that,
perhaps the R9.2 diesel would do in a pinch.

They look fine to me.  Interesting.  I thnk the casual one of the couple
laughing is priceless.  #2 and #3 are also well done, as you have selectively
focused on one part of the frame that perhaps would have been more difficult or
time consming with an autofocus system.

 have photographed weddings for friends and former students and they are
nerve-racking.  It has been many years and I don't think my wife would let me
attempt it again, even though the photos all came out just fine, and it was
more than they were ever going to get if I did not do it.

Aram> Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 20:53:24 +0000> From: ruhayatx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] A traditional Malay wedding> To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
Hi all,> > a good friend of mine got married recently and asked me to take the
photos. A few are posted on my Flickr page:> >
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32905356@N03/> > This is only my second attempt at
doing weddings, so perhaps using a manual lens and no flash wasn't such a hot
idea! :) But I managed to get some good ones, although I do think that the
Summicron-R 50mm deserves a better sensor than that of the Olympus E-1 I used.>
http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008