[LRflex] Re: A thought on switching lenses to different bodies....

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:51:57 +0200

Frank, don't get me wrong; your idea is interesting but not plausible.

Even if such adapter would exist (I have stated my reservation above) I see
no value in it. Here is why:

1. Eos lenses - why would someone want to use these on another body? Even if
there is a reason for this, the Eos register is one of the shortest, so the
Eos lenses would not reach infinity mounted on a Nikon, Sony, etc.

2. Oly E lenses - they only cover 4/3 format. They are useless on anything
full frame. (but great on Oly and Panasonic)

3. Leica S lenses - ok, these might fit other cameras (regarding register
distance and coverage), but who would pay for them and use them with
inferior cameras?

David, do Oly lenses upgrade firmware through the camera?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Miha