[LRflex] Re: A thought on switching lenses to different bodies....

  • From: Miha Golobic <miha.golobic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 23:12:30 +0200

Frank wrote:
*The originak assumption is that the iris is electricallly controlled, like
in silent wave lenses focusing is done.... it is basically a motor that is
controlled from the body.*

I understand. This is how the iris work in canon EF, Oly E, and (as Doug
pointed out) in Leica S lenses. But I can not imagine an adapter with dual
contacts (for the camera and the lens), and some sort of software (that
would translate the camera instructions to the lens) and some sort of
plug-in for future software upgrades (Sigma, for instance, offers software
upgrades for their lenses in order to keep the up-to-date with the newest
camera generations) all in 1-2mm thickness. Of course my assumptions may be
wrong.

mehrdad wrote:
*there is already a full conversion available for contax n lenses to canon
mount. with AF and aperture working, i have converted some lenses via this
process*

This is interesting and new to me. But it takes the lens to be converter,
and it's expensive.

Cheers,

Miha