[LRflex] Re: 4/3rds system question.

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:33:08 +0200

David,

Your question comes in and it foolows my quest about the link between the
camera and lens.

Here is the page that started it all:

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/about/standard.html

Now, these are diagrams, very informative to me, a little less to you.
Obviously there is a com between the body and the lens but I believe, tha
autofocus is managed thru the actuator.

I have not yet the adaptor but my opinion is: because there is an option by
which the camera does not operate if the lens is off, there is a com at
startup. then the protocol to focus. Is the lens slave to the body or the
oposite? I believe in the first opinion, camera=master

Any how, the body powers up the lens.

There is a line of com with an "acccessory". Does the adaptor for the R lens
is to be considered in this class?

Today, I have tried to get som contacts with Sigma Tech, to be followed.

If only I could get the docs for te 4.3 design, arghhhh :)

Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.