Re: Wild Turkey

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:44:06 -0800

on 2/21/05 10:23 AM, Bob Adler at rgacpa@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Wow! I just was able to gross my 14 year old daughter
> out with that one; thanks! I can't often do that...

Then the photo was a smashing success!

> Great shot; can even see the brown of the eye around
> the black pupil. Incredible details, Doug. Was this a
> wild bird?? Must have been used to people, yes?
> Thanks for showing,
> Bob
>
> --- Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Turkeys and Telyts again...
>>

> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/meleagridae/witu15.jpg

Technicallyh this bir is wild in that it can come and go as it pleases.  I
think it was an escaped or released pet.  Its plumage, wattles and voice are
a different 'dialect' than the birds I ordinarily see here,  It's wing and
tail feathers are also rather ragged, which is common in birds kept in a
cage.  Add to this the fact that minimum focus distance was an issue, and I
had to shoo it away with my hands and legs while changing film; I have to
conclude it's not as wild as it appears.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com