Re: The limits of digital...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:47:40 -0700

Harrison McClary wrote:

On Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 7:24:57 PM, David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DY> http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Waxwing.htm

David,

What makes you think it would have been better on film?  Admitidly I
have not shot any 1600 speed film in a while, but the last time I did
use it it left a lot to be desired as far as resolution and the like
go...was very grainy also.  A lot worse than my 1DII is at 1600.

Good Mornin' Harrison!

You are, of course, right. I think my problem is that digital is so good at high ISO's, compared to film, I rather expect more fine detail, as I would get with ISO 100 film. When the large grain is present, one rather expects the detail to be lost. I suppose more megapixels might yield that detail, but that's for another day, and another wallet!

--
David Young,
Logan Lake, BC CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt