Re: The limits of digital...

  • From: Harrison McClary <harrison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Young <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:40:46 -0500

On Tuesday, October 25, 2005, 7:24:57 PM, David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

DY>  I got the needed
DY> reach, but the resolution is soft at ISO-1600.  Note the lack of detail
DY> in the feathers.... yet the eye is tack sharp, as are the tail feathers.

DY> Still a fascinating bird, refueling on the berries of the Mountain Ash.

DY> http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/Waxwing.htm

David,

What makes you think it would have been better on film?  Admitidly I
have not shot any 1600 speed film in a while, but the last time I did
use it it left a lot to be desired as far as resolution and the like
go...was very grainy also.  A lot worse than my 1DII is at 1600.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography