Re: Steel Magnolias

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:04:22 -0700

Sonny:
My mom lives down the street from the 'Home Alone' house in Winnetka, Illinois. There used to be a sign in the window, with a picture of McCaulay Culkin. It's just another two-story brick house - nothing much to photograph there. I preferred the farolitos around the house down the street when I'd visit at Christmastime.

The Steel Magnolias settings and houses you've photographed are very pretty. Much nicer than a two-story house on a dark, tree-shaded street.

Mark Bohrer
Wildlife Photography on the Urban Edge
www.mountain-and-desert.com

At 11:37 AM 3/20/2007, you wrote:
I've been trying to think of some ways to show Natchitoches Spring flowers in context without too much landscape, so I thought I'd show you some stars from Steel Magnolias. I was not yet back in Natchitoches in 1989 when Hollywood came in and took over the town.

They made sets from homes and built a soundstage at the University in a gym.

You remember that film, don't you? It was the chick-flick of the decade. Nominated for Oscars and won Golden Globe, all that stuff. You can hardly surf cable TV without finding it playing on some channel.

There's even a carriage tour of the locations here. That's where I'm going with this; a short tour of Steel Magnolia locations. It ain't art, but might be pretty.

<http://www.sonc.com/steel_magnolias.htm>http://www.sonc.com/steel_magnolias.htm

--
Regards,

Sonny