Saturday sunshine in the garden

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:11:40 +0100

Hello all,
the sun came out for about 35 minutes today, I trimmed back the Hazelnut tree and Posy grabbed some sunbathing time.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Cats/MG_3555 Sunbathing
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Cats/MG_3555_crop Off-centre crop
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Cats/MG_3554 Alert - I didn't hear the neighbour coming - she did

Taken with another "cheap" second-hand lens, this time a formerly rattling Zeiss Sonnar (C/Y mount) 135/2,8. After seeing these at full resolution on screen I'm thoroughly blown away by the sharpness and colour rendition of these Zeiss lenses. I must check this one against the Leica Elmarit-R equivalent one day.
Douglas

BTW, The strange object in the background is a pot-bellied barbecue grill