Photo of the week new site!

  • From: Michael Levy <fotoyvel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Seephoto@xxxxxxxxxxxx, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:28:37 -0500

My 2006 "pic of the week album should all be displayed on one page henceforth, at:

For the photo buffs, some details: the wall and the duck pond snaps were taken with the Rolleiflex on Ilford XP 2 (chromogenic film) the shot with the tree using a red filter, first time I ever used a filter... The sheep fold was taken with a Leica M-6, 50 mm Summicron, the others taken with the Contax U4-r.

The Brown Sisters was part of a display by a wonderful photographer named Nicholas Nixon, who is married to one of these women and has for 30 years taken one photo of them all together... Some of those have appeared in book form and you may have seen them at galleries or museums. Eastman House bought one of the few complete sets for its permanent collection and showed those with his architectural views of Boston... Nixon works with an 8x10 view camera and only lately taken taken to making enlargements... mostly he worked with contact prints. VERY effective. The show almost makes one want to rush out and buy an 8x.10... almost...

Mike