Nathan's PAW 38: Commuting pictures

  • From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 10:36:50 +0200

I have a long commute to work, about 120 km, so most days I stop on the way, either to buy gas, take a leak, buy a drink, or just to explore the scenery along the way, particularly if the light looks interesting. Last week's PAWs are a product of such stops, near the river Waal between Utrecht and Den Bosch. Especially at this time of year, in the morning you often have a combination of fog and the rising sun that can make for interesting images, and both in the morning you have clouds and rain--no shortage of that here in the Netherlands!

The first two were taken right by the river in the morning. For those familiar with Dutch geography, the location is off exit 17 on the A2 motorway:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_38.jpg
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_38alt1.jpg

The next two were taken not far from there, but in late afternoon, on my way home. A shepherd tends to his flock:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_38alt2.jpg
and a bit later, a rainbow touches down on a farm:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_38alt3.jpg

Enough for this pastoral stuff. The final two images are a portrait and a funny image (I hope). First, the portrait, of the sons of one of my friends in Belgium (incidentally, taken at close distance with the 50mm Summilux R):
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_38alt4.jpg

And then the funny one. Many Oriental restaurants have a fishbowl; and most Japanese restaurants have a sushi chart on the wall. But I have never seen such a juxtaposition of these two items, as spotted here in a Japanese restaurant in Hilversum. I wonder what the fish think...
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_38alt5.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands