RE: More Bull... a correction (or two)

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 08:57:06 -0700

David Young offered:

>> It seems that I mentioned the wrong rodeo. The shot was made at the Barriere
>> Rodeo, in September.

It has been pointed out to me, in private mail, that it may not be a bull...

The programme shows Bull riding and Jr. Steer Riding.  From the helmet I'd say
it was Junior Steer Riding, but, on close examination,I'm not so sure about the
steer, either!

However, I still think the shot was worth sharing.

I should never create web pages in the middle of the night!

Sorry.<<<<<<<<

Hi David,

You are forgiven! Because the photographic moment is quite spectacular for it’s
action and reflexes of the photographer!

However a couple of points to save this in the future. 

Never mind giving all the details, as the most important element is…… “YOUR
PHOTOGRAPHY!!”

Camera stats are OK if you feel that’s necessary. But it only counts when the
lens, shutter speed or whatever, has a specific effect on the image. IE: A slow
shutter speed to capture a blurred effect.

Most of these guys wouldn’t know Barrier from Two Corners Alberta!

And whether it’s a bull or a Holy Cow don’t tell that either. Because as you’ve
learned some folks are more sharp eyed than others! I didn’t think it was a
bull either from the thingies I saw. ;-)

Don’t apologize, I know that’s because you’re a kind hearted up front kind of
guy, but anyone working in the middle of the night can  easily make a slight
error!

IT’S THE PHOTOGRAPH ACTION MAN!!!!! AND IT’S BLOODY MARVELOUS!

Screw the details!

ted