Re: IMG: Rubicon Trail

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 20:03:50 -0700

Very nice images boB.

So tell me why you bought that 1Ds Mark III Canon? These are better than anything that you have yet produced with the Canon - oh yeah... you haven't yet produced anything with your Canon! Hells bells...you should sell it! These M8 images are GREAT!

;-)

Jim

On Aug 7, 2008, at 9:34 AM, Bob Adler wrote:

I'm spending a couple of weeks with my family up at Lake Tahoe, CA. Yesterday we went for a walk on the Rubicon Trail. This isn't the one made famous by off road enthusiasts, but a 4 - 5 mile trail along the west shore of the lake from D L Bliss State Park to Emerald Bay, then up to the road. We parked a car at either end as the walk would double if we didn't.

I found it to be one of the most beautiful walks at the Lake I've ever taken. And there were clouds which, in my opinion, really enhanced the images. I debated carrying the 40lb larger format gear (a new Canon outfit to replace my Hassy's :-( ), but opted for the Leica outfit. Glad I did as I'm not a decathalete like many on this list (Doug!). All images were taken with a 21mm except the stream (50mm) and the last image at the top of Emerald Bay (35mm).

I'm working on my daughter's uncalibrated laptop here, so I'm not sure if I got the contrast and brightness/exposures right on. A couple I'll end up printing when I get home, and will work my calibrated setup of course.

Used Lightroom 2 for the first time. Just blown away by many of the new features. The local dodge/burn and graduated filter tool are simply wonderful. On many of the images where the sky looked blown, I used the graduated filter tool and they appeared like magic!! Now the only filter I'll carry is my polarizer and a ND filter for when I need to slow things down.

Hope you enjoy. C&C always looked forward to and appreciated,

http://www.raflexions.com/Rubicon

Bob

Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA