Re: Canal walk - Gulls on a fence

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:46:46 +0100

Tina,
that was an idea - here is one shot with a bit more of the shadows and a conversion to BW.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3558 maybe I should crop this so that the shadow becomes the corner to corner diagonal, or go back and use a shorter FL (these were taken with a Zeiss 2,8/135 Sonnar)
And the BW conversion http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3558_BW Done with a plugin I found on the plug-in site (Harald Heim)
Douglas

Tina Manley wrote:

At 11:31 AM 2/24/2006, you wrote:
Yes, I tried it, but I lost the element of the shadows on the right - I still think that the top right hand corner is a bit wrong too, there's too much of it. Maybe I could try skewing the shot. If the sun shines tomorrow I'll go back and try again, the gulls more or less spend the whole winter there.

Douglas

I like the shadows. If you go back, see if you can include more of the shadows of the gulls.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com