Re: Brooks Institute of Photography

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 23:00:59 -0700

Thanks Sonny, thanks Mark, thanks Geoff...

:-)

Jim

PS... Re: Hallie in color. I was sitting inside in a booth, eating lunch. Every time Hallie walked out the front door to the tables out front, her hair exploded the second that the bright direct sun hit it. I asked her if I could photograph her and she said yes. I asked her to walk out the door and when the sun hit her, to turn and look at me. She did. And her hair just exploded! I gave her 8x12 prints and the file on a CD for her future use. She was/is in seventh heaven! She said people always ask to take her picture but no one ever comes back with the pictures.

On Sep 6, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Sonny Carter wrote:

Congratulations my friend.

--
Regards,

Sonny

On Sep 6, 2008, at 5:21 PM, Mark Bohrer wrote:

I can understand your feelings, Jim.

Mark

On Sep 6, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
 I hope that the new owners use it sensitively.
I challenge anyone to say that Hallie’s portrait would work better in BW!

Cheers
Geoff