RE: A whole lot of Bull ... Part II.

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 16:31:48 -0700

David without question there are two (2) photographs here with and without
cropping!

That's why I believe never mind telling people what you did with the image
pre-posting to list!

You should always pick "your way" and not listen to a collection of
committee members adding there 2 cents worth. Which in most cases only
creates confusion on the photographers' selection of "HOW HE OR SHE LIKES
THE PHOTO IN THE FIRST PLACE!" After all it's your work not the collective
opinions of others.

Quite frankly if one were to listen to everyone giving their 2 pennies worth
in the long run you could very easily throw your hands up and quit!

It's your shot and in many cases others only create a complete bundle of
confusion when it's a gang bang of concepts in their minds!

What we have are two very well cropped images, both story telling.. The
whole scene, clown and all which I find from a rodeo view point very
interesting as it illustrates the safety factor of the clown ready to jump
to the rescue! Which still includes the action of bull and rider very
clearly with the "wild wild West action!"

Then with some judicious cropping you go tighter and come away with a
dynamite "Full blown award winning action photo of bull flying high!"

Man you can't lose with this one exposure!

That's my two pennies worth, whether it means anything any more than an
others. It's your photograph! You do with it what you feel best and to hell
with everybody else!

Jeeeesh if I asked for the opinions of others during the past 50 plus years
as a professional how they liked the photo, I'd not be here now. Probably
pushing up dandelions still trying to sort out their opinions! :-)

ted