[leasbirds] Re: Cooper's Hawk

  • From: Aveline Hewetson <aveline8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LEAS's ListServe" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 16:38:06 -0600

I've had the same but no hawk - lucky you.

aveline
On Dec 30, 2015 11:13 AM, "Trost, Tess" <tess.trost@xxxxxxx> wrote:

A Cooper's Hawk almost came through the bedroom window this morning. I
don't know if he got the dove he was after, but I think he must have a
headache. The hawk paused on the fence for several minutes before he flew
in stages out of the yard.

Over the past several days we have had Juncos, Gold Finches and a pair of
Cardinals, not to mention what has looked like 100's of White Wing Doves,
Sparrows and House Finches at the feeders. I am about to run out of bird
seed and some people food.

Happy New Year,

Tess

Tess Trost