[latex4blind] Re: Welcome to a New Member

  • From: "Jane Jordan (gmail)" <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: latex4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:13:06 -0400

Hello Zack.

As I'm sure James and others can tell you, LaTex is very good with Math. I only wish I were <smile>. It's also great for creating term papers and the like.

I myself have only played with it, but I am working slowly at learning it. That's why I created this list in the first place, to create a place where all can discuss how they use LaTex, tips, tricks, and so on. It's meant as a place for people who are just interested in it, to those who are nearly expert at it, to anyone in between.

Glad you are here.

Jane

On Oct 28, 2007, at 3:31 PM, Dan Keys wrote:

Hello,
Welcome to the list.
Dan
On Oct 28, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Zachary Kline wrote:

Hiya,
My name is Zachary Kline, and I'm a first year computer science student at Oregon State University. One of the reasons I got interested in LaTeX was that I had trouble getting math work to a professor in a format the professor could understand.
LaTeX seems so far to be a very useable way to do that.
Anyway, just felt I'd introduce myself.
All the best,
Zack.

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Jane Jordan (gmail) wrote:

Hi there. I just received an email that someomne new subscribed to this list. Welcome. We're a list that's still being developed, but feel free to join us and tell us what's going on.

Jane