Fwd: This weeks user group meeting

  • From: Ryan Duclos <rduclos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lanug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:25:18 -0500

Upcoming for the Pensacola group. Email Karla (karla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) if
you plan on attending! She would love to have you attend.
Thank you,
Ryan Duclos

Date:  Thursday, March 26, 2009, 6:30 - 8:30
Speaker:  Kent Waldrop
Location:  Heritage Hall at Seville Quarter
Venue/Food Sponsor: TEK Systems

MVP Kent Waldrop takes a quick tour of a few of the SQL issues that come
up frequently in the MSDN Transact SQL forum. Some of the topics covered
include set oriented processing, pitfalls of user defined functions,
working with string lists, filtering by date and time and more.

Speaker Bio:

Ken began working with SQL in the early 90s with Sybase doing stored
procedure development.  In the middle 90s I switched to working as a
database administrator with Microsoft SQL Server 6.5, then SQL 7, SQL 2000
and more recently with SQL Server 2005.  He has also worked over the past
4 years with ZOS DB2 and about a year with Oracle 11g.  Through the years
I have written thousands of stored procedures, triggers and functions;
hundreds of DTS packages and a few dozen SSIS packages.  His specialty has
always been working with transact SQL.   Over the past 2 ½ years I have
contributed about 3000 posts to some of the SQL Forums as part of the
Microsoft Developers Network (MSDN) and I presently have a 5 star rating
in the MSDN.  I have also contributed a hundred or so posts to the SQL
Server Central forums.  During the past year I contributed to several of
the Florida SQL Saturday events as (1) an event worker, (2) as an event
sponsor and (3) providing a classroom presentation for the event.  I was a
CSX team member of a development team that won an ICSA award of
excellence.  I was a contributing author with Dwayne Gifford for the book
Access 97 unleashed, 2nd Edition.  I was awarded the Microsoft MVP award
in 2008 and 2009 for my contributions to the SQL community.  One of the
SQL issues that I am presently interested in is providing the ability to
perform fuzzy searches on encrypted columns.