Fwd: LANUG March 2009 Meeting - Carlos Femmer - Microsoft Virtual Earth

  • From: Ryan Duclos <rduclos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lanug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:03:31 -0500

Hello All. I just wanted to send a final reminder to our next meeting. Please
RSVP to rduclos@xxxxxxxxx if you plan on attending.

LANUG Meeting – Tuesday, March 31, 2008 6:00 PM
Speaker: Carlos Femmer <http://www.carlosfemmer.com>

Carlos Femmer is the Systems Integration Manager for John Chance Land
Surveys (A Fugro Comapny). He has 13 years experience in the management,
design, development and testing of oil and gas information system projects.
Carlos has participated in the development of surveying, logistics
management, and data management applications, as well as the world's first
Power Tours system. Carlos is also the founder of the Acadiana .NET User
Group. On his blog you can find posts on ASP.NET, .NET, XML and GIS. Carlos
enjoys giving back to the community by speaking at user groups,
local/regional .NET events and being active in forums. In his spare time,
Carlos enjoys spending time with his wife and kids, biking, running, etc...

Topic: Microsoft Virtual Earth

Come by and see the latest version of the Microsoft Virtual Earth platform,
which can now deliver the Virtual Earth mapping experience on the desktop,
on mobile devices, and via broadcast. The new release features mobile
support, expanded international mapping, richer imagery, a broader range of
data, and improved functionality. Organizations using Virtual Earth can see
more and do more than ever, with enhancements that allow users to find,
discover, and visualize data in new and innovative ways. Attend this
presentation to learn about the rich capabilities of Microsoft Virtual
Earth. We will show some "eye candy demos" and code will also be provided
after the presentation.

Location: MIT 651 Church St Mobile, AL 36602
<http://www.itt-tech.edu/campus/school.cfm?lloc_num=112>
Sponsor: Total Employee Solutions <http://www.totalemployeesolutions.com/>

If you or someone you know has been having problems subscribing to our
mailing list have them go to this site to subscribe: http://www.
freelists.org/list/lanug .
If you are interested, here are some up coming community events/initiatives
in the area:

   - Pensacola SQL Server Users Group (Next Meeting 3/26/2009)
   http://www.pensacolasql.com
   - Hub City .Net User Group  http://hubcitynug.org/
   - Deep Fried Bytes (PodCast) http://deepfriedbytes.com
   - Alabama Tech Events http://altechevents.wordpress.com