ROOOTFL! Cocktail

  • From: "Lo'oRiS, BlackMage Kabukimono" <looris@xxxxxx>
  • To: Lano666 <Lano666@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:55:06 +0100

Volevo sapere che razza di film fosse Cocktail... e ho trovato una rece su IMDB
davvero spassosa (che termine buffo, "spassosa"...):

http://italian.imdb.com/title/tt0094889/board/nest/3647340

+++++ "Cocktail" review, by CharlesCastle +++++

Sometimes I like to review old movies given that I don?t always have money to
make it to the theater. I?ve picked COCKTAIL today because this movie is a giant
among movies (a giant, pathetic loser) and never ceases to amaze me with its
inexhaustible supply of horrible lines, horrible acting, senseless gratuity, and
wastage of celluloid. I?m not sure in which genre to place this movie so I?ll
create one: Romantic bartending melodrama.

I think Tom Cruise is ok, and most of his movies are ok (ok means ok?not real
good, or pretty cool, simply ok). After you watch this movie, you will wonder
how he maintained a career after this and didn?t become the Tim Thomerson of
straight-to-video Blockbuster dustbins. You might be asking, ?who the hell is
Tim Thomerson? That?s exactly the point. I?ll give Cruise credit, he?s got
something going on.

As indicated the movie is about bartending and romance. Tom Cruise is a hotshot
New York bartender who woos all the women, and men, with his ability to spin
bottles and pour drinks at the same time while spouting monosyllabic nonsense,
recite poetry, and flash all 32 Crest Whitening formula-treated teeth. First of
all; who gives a *beep* about bartenders who spin bottles behind their back and
through their legs in the process of mixing a gin and tonic. If I order a gin
and tonic, just give me a gin and tonic as fast as possible. I?m there to drink
and I need immediate alcoholic refreshment. Reminds me of a show I saw of a
bunch of meatheads who actually compete in Las Vegas for ?Best Bartender in the
World?. They actually practice in their garages spinning bottles around with
rubber bars and balancing Jack Daniel?s liter jugs on their heads. One time I
was tripping on acid at a bar and bottles started spinning all over the place,
been there done that, don?t need it. Here?s a memorable line for you?guy walks
into the bar and sees Tom Cruise and his buddy?s bottle spinning brilliance and
says, ?You?re the hottest bartender in town, you need to work for me?. And so he
does.

While there he gives his unforgivable performance of ?The Last Bartender Poet?.
This qualifies as one of the most comedic and reviling episodes in Hollywood
history and makes me embarrassed to be an American and someone who speaks the
English language. I can?t remember the whole thing but it goes something like
this at the end: ?I got your Alabama Slammers, I got your Tijuana Mamas I got
your Caribbean Windjammers, I got your Hangover Mananas Yes, I?m the last
bartender poet, and you better know it?. Something like that. He gives this
performance in the middle of loud music and dancing at a New York bar. Everyone
hushes and gives their ear to this. After he?s through everybody whistles and
claps and he bows, at that point I started laughing and guffawing.

First of all, who would think that that was cool?? Second of all, how much
idol-praise does Hollywood think that common moviegoers and common people will
give. I can just see the director while making the movie, ?Its Tom Cruise,
they?ll eat this up.? Wrong buddy, I thought it sucked and it makes me think
that the people who made this movie, wrote this movie, produced this movie, and
the people who even made coffee for the aforementioned are a bunch of fricking
losers and should be unemployed right now. They should live in misery and be
forced to watch this scene every day of their lives as compensation.

Normally I am a lot more longwinded about films this awful, but I just want to
move on from this experience and never look back again, so I?m gonna wrap it up.
Don?t ever watch this movie! Unless you and a bunch of drunk friends have a
rainy day and absolutely nothing to do. It will make you laugh but after its
over you find you can discuss it for days. Tempers will flare, conspiracy
theories will be formed, and you will walk away in a state of bewilderment at
the negative power of this movie. I?m not gonna give away the end of the movie
not because it will be a spoiler, just because its a waste of my time.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes
out.

inoltre se cliccate l'url, sotto si accende una discussione lollosissima dove un
imbecille prova a dare addosso all'autore, e ne esce malissimo (per il
divertimento del pubblico).

--
"When the world is in darkness, four warriors will come..."
 - Final Fantasy I

http://lano.webhop.net ·:I:·AnUbI-=|=-