[laffs] Re: death

  • From: "Jim Reed" <jfreed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <laffs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:17:44 -0500

Thanks for the update....Jim
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ed
  To: laffs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 9:11 AM
  Subject: [laffs] Re: death

  Jim,

  Thanks for sending out the notification of Harold's passing.

  This is what I know so far.  Harold wanted to be cremated and his ashes
spread over the flying field.  Because there is no immediate family I (or the
funeral home) will have to obtain a court order to have this done.  When things
settle down a bit we can have a little farewell service at the field at our
convenience as long as it meets with the approval of the club members.  There
is not going to be a viewing or service at the chapel.  Everything will be
handled at the field the day his ashes are spread.  If anyone would like to see
Harold before he is cremated please contact Roller Funeral Home in Clinton to
make the arrangements.  I expect to have the court order sometime today or
tomorrow and will move forward with things as quickly as possible.

  As you all know Harold did not have much in the way of assets and I learned
yesterday that he has accrued a tremendous amount of unsecured debt.  I expect
that all his real property will be seized and sold to pay his debts.

  If anyone should have questions please feel free to contact me.

  Thanks, Ed Pearson