Re: X5D via USB Port?

  • From: "Thomas Anderssen" <thomas.anderssen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 07:58:11 +0200

Thanks Bill for the info.

If we could get a positive on the Windows NT / 2000 serial
driver issue. Isn't there anyone hackish out there who could make an
attempt? Win95/98/Me works ok with the Korg PC/IF driver, but not
NT/2000...No experience yet with XP.

I reckon there is some issue with the data transfer via serial, the
stream has to be padded with some extra bytes somewhere since the
MIDI interface is slower than the 38 kbit/s which is the serial port
rate...

cheers Thomas

On 30 Nov 2001 at 9:40, Bill Gallagher wrote:

>  Hello, All!
>
> I seem to hear this question a lot!
>
> This is the interface that I use (on the mac and the windows
> laptop). It happily connect my 05R/W, a VFX/sd, my cheesy
> yet velocity-sensitive controller, and my effects rack chain. I
> probably should have gotten an eight-port job!
>
> I think I paid about $140 for it...
> Bill G.
>
> USB MIDISPORT 4x4
> Multiplatform USB MIDI Interface