[korgypark] Re: To Ramon (Mon8169)

  • From: David Defourneaux <ddefourneaux@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:12:33 +0100 (CET)

Hello Ramon and all of you !

I have a question that may sound stupid, but I
couldn't find the answer yet : I would like to
edit my X5 with Korg Sound Editor, but cannot
make this soft communicate with my sound module.

My set up : Korg X5DR, USB midi interface
(Midiman) and a iMac Flat Panel running Mac OSX
10.2.8.
Everyhting works perfectly with Logic Audio and
SysEx Librairian.
I can launch Korg Sound Editor either from
Classic or Mac OS  9 and see or edit my sounds,
but I can't send or receive any information to/
from the X5. This soft seems to be so old that it
cannot deal with USB ports (it only has modem or
printer options). Is there anything newer running
on Macintosh ?

David
 --- MON8169 <mon8169@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit : >
sysex files contains the same information as
> the x5, 05r files. In fact,
> when you use the Korg editor and load a x5 file
> to the synth, the
> information of this x5 file is send to the
> synth in the form of a sysex
> message.
>
> The advantage of sysex files is that they can
> be loaded / send with
> (almost) any midi program (the x5 files can
> only be used with korg's
> editor).
>
> Ramon

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez Yahoo!
Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com