[korgypark] Re: Sequencing

  • From: "Thomas Anderssén" <thomas.anderssen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:19:47 +0200

Hello Pete.

You can use the PC/IF port on your module and one of the serial ports
on your PC to control the system. Link to suitable Korg driver site
is here: http://cc.joensuu.fi/~jsimonen/korgypark.html

Scroll down to Software section and donwoad the Korg PC/IF driver for
windows 95 (98) v. 1.3. On the same line there is an install-howto.
The istallation has a few gotchas; you can not have any other
software use the same port on the computer! Not even another driver
loaded.

Then, when you have the driver installed, configure it for "separate
MIDI out" (there is a checkbox in the driver setup screen). Connect
midi cables from your 05 Midi out to M1 Midi In, an from 05 Midi in
to M1 Midi out.

In your seq software, define the 16 first channels to use the PC/IF
Synth Out port, and the following 16 to use PC/IF MIDI Out port. Now
everything should be fine if your instruments are set up OK. In the
seq you have 32 independent channels to use, 16 for every instrument.
Stuff you play on your M1 should arrive at PC/IF MIDI In port and get
recorded on the channel you chose (one of 17-32)....

Good Luck, don't give up - there will be some struggle I guess - but
the victory stands at the end! Happy easter time.

cheers Thomas (off the computer for the holidays)...

On 27 Mar 2002 at 20:05, pete wrote:

> For the past 10 years have been using my Korg M1 + 05R/W module +
> Yamaha 4 track with an ancient Amiga computer running `Sequencer One"
> on floppy!
>
> I need to upgrade.
>
> I have a spare P1 computer , with no sound card, running windows 98.
>
> Does the pc need a sound card to drive the M1 & 05R/W if they are
> connected to separate amplification system
>
> What sequencer  software should I buy ( limited funds) ?
>
> Can anyone talk me through the ideal setup?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pete

Thomas Anderssen
Jakobstad Energy Utility (www.jpenergy.net)