SV: Piano On X5D

  • From: "Ivens de Carvalho" <dko4342@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:39:09 +0100

Billy wrote:
>Do you reckon I would be better off borrowing this X5 indefinitely off me
>brother?

This is the likely suggestion from this particular forum:
Borrow the X5 indefinitely. You can always supplement by buying
the Ensoniq or similar. But the X5 has a lot of possibilities
to discover.

Nicolas wrote:
>Hey every one!
>I need to know how to make a good Acustig piano sound on my X5D (Decent
sound is ok)
 =)

The way to get a really good piano sound is to program a stereo
perspective into the sound. This can only be done in combi mode.
The way to do it is to split the keyboard into 8 disjoint areas,
each with their own panning, which should of course be from left
to right as you move up the keyboard. You will be surprised how
big a difference it makes to hear the stereo spread! I have been
able to fool a studio engineer temporarily into believing it was
a real piano. When you define the splits and pans be aware that
the panning must be very strong in the middle of the keyboard,
meaning many very small splits in the middle of the keyboard, and
one large split to each side of the keyboard. Also, *don't* pan
to the extremes. It will not sound natural. Max panning should be
something like 50% Left to 50% Right. This will get close to the
sound you would have from a real piano miked up with two mikes
above the strings.
My main piano sound is based on the standard Piano 16' sound, which
sounds darn good used this way. I can send you the sound if you like,
but I also think it was included in the Genesis/Resonance bank that
was included on Korgy Park.

Cheers

Frank Carvalho