[korgypark] Re: Piano sound...

  • From: dko4342@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:33:42 +0100

> Hi Frank,
>
> Can you give the group a step-by-step on the patche(s) and parameters you
> changed (values) to get the stereo piano patch you created.

I don't have the module with me right here, so this is going to be from the
top of my head. First of all, let all 8 sounds of the combi be the piano '16.
Next make sure all 8 sounds are on the same MIDI channel.
Next you have to limit the range of each sound so that they form up 8
consecutive chunks with no overlap. This way playing should still sound like
one single piano '16 sound. It is important that the chunks are small and very
close near middle C, while the high and low chunks should be very wide.
Next you use the pan to spread each chunk from left to right as the chunks
cover sections up the keyboard. Don't spread too much, because that is not
going to sound convincing.
When you're done it will sound a bit like a piano recorded with two
microphones.
Here's the shortcut: If you download the "Genesis" patch from Korgy Park, I
think my stereo piano is one of the combis. Nick it from there!

/Frank