[korgypark] Re: My current project

  • From: Art <artfuljoy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:06:08 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jochen Pietsch <JochenPietsch@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > You should also check out Finale, similar to
> > Sibelius but from what I can remember, even
> > more focused on notation.  Anyone know if
> > you can get Finale for PC?  I've only ever seen
> > it running on a mac.
>
> Yeah, Finale is available for PC. I worked with it at school, but
> I don't like Coda's software. As far as features are concerned,
> Finale is great, but Sibelius is much more intuitive: less
> buttons, you simply see a virtual page on which you can work just
> as if you're sitting at the table... but those, who love
> difficult menu structures and to take a look into the manual for
> all of the most basic procedures (i.e. copy and paste of a bar),
> Finale is the answer... ;-)
> I don't know, what's new in SX but none of the Cubase Score
> versions is just half as good as Sibelius!
> Sibelius is really the best software for music notation (very
> intuitive - I learned to work with the demo without any manual,
> true WYSIWYG and "WYHIWYW" = "what you hear is what you wrote
> ;-)"), but the price is really too high for hobby musicians...

I found a demo of Finale for the PC, but haven't spent enough time to
see if it will do everything Sibelius does - I really like sibelius!

Sibelius does have educational pricing which brings it down to $250US,
and my wife is going back to college this Fall.

I would not mind paying a lot less for something that would do the job,
I just haven't found anything that appeals to me as much.

The Korg works great with Sibelius too, as does my scanner with the
scanning software they provide.

=====
Enjoy,
      Art

artfuljoy@xxxxxxxxx

'Think as I think' said a man. 'Think as I think, or you are a wretched and
vile creature, a toad!' and so I thought for a while and thus decided that I
should be a Toad!"