[korgypark] Re: My current project

  • From: "Jochen Pietsch" <JochenPietsch@xxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:14:05 +0200

> You should also check out Finale, similar to
> Sibelius but from what I can remember, even
> more focused on notation.  Anyone know if
> you can get Finale for PC?  I've only ever seen
> it running on a mac.

Yeah, Finale is available for PC. I worked with it at school, but
I don't like Coda's software. As far as features are concerned,
Finale is great, but Sibelius is much more intuitive: less
buttons, you simply see a virtual page on which you can work just
as if you're sitting at the table... but those, who love
difficult menu structures and to take a look into the manual for
all of the most basic procedures (i.e. copy and paste of a bar),
Finale is the answer... ;-)
I don't know, what's new in SX but none of the Cubase Score
versions is just half as good as Sibelius!
Sibelius is really the best software for music notation (very
intuitive - I learned to work with the demo without any manual,
true WYSIWYG and "WYHIWYW" = "what you hear is what you wrote
;-)"), but the price is really too high for hobby musicians...