[korgypark] Re: Kickin' Around An Idea

  • From: "Robert" <GnomeDePlume@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:24:05 -0600

Hi Thomas,

One idea I have for the app is to make it "visual" in the sense that you
connect the different pieces of the sound generation/processing pipeline
together by dragging a line from one to the next. And what you pick as the
"From" part will dictate what you can connect to the "To" part--instead of
having to look up in the manual what features are/are not available as a
result of the choices you've already made.  And if you don't like the sound,
you visually "wire" it up some other way until you're happy with the sound
(or until you upgrade to something more flexible/powerful/better). You
double-click on the individual components to set them up for what you want
(and you can load and store presets and configs made earlier).  It'll talk
MIDI and RS-232, and will query the unit for it's current set-up (possibly
made in it's youth through the front panel) and not assume the module is
configured with the stock, factory settings.  These are just a few, general
ideas, but ya gotta start somewhere.

BTW, I don't have the pic available via a URL, but I'd be glad to email it
to you directly. The image is centered directly over Stockholm, but from
7000 km up Finland is easily visible.  If you could give me the latitude and
longitude of Jakobstad, I can center the viewpoint over your town if you
like and re-gen the image (it takes about 35 min for a 1280x1024 BMP). Can
also use a different viewpoint altitude if you like although the imagery
gets a little pixellated below 790 km. Can give you a daytime shot, too, if
you like.  The imagery is completely free of cloud cover (and I can turn the
simulated cloud cover and atmospheric attenuation off for better
visibility), so you can see all of the planet that's visible from any given
altitude.  Just for fun, want me to take some artistic license and throw a
bit of nebula in the background so it'll look like the Sun just went nova?

My email address is GnomeDePlume@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Note: I don't mind giving
this out, Herr Webmeister).  Email me with yours and I'll send the pic.  If
nothing else, it'd make nice 'wallpaper' for your computer.

Cheers,
Robert