[korgypark] How to hard reset an X5D (was Re: Strange failure on X5D)

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 07 Mar 2002 15:49:47 +0000

> > It sounds like a problem with the ROM memory. Have you tried to
> > do a factory reset on the unit?
>
> Can anyone with a manual remind us how to do this?
>
> Andy

A few people have asked how to hard reset an X5(D) on this list now.

I stumbled across the method when looking for something else:

http://www.candisc.com/ranger/presets.htm

KORG X5D HOLD (buttons) +1 AND -1 THEN POWER ON.

I have not tried this (I'm at work), could someone try it (who doesn't
mind reseting their synth) and post a confirmation.

Janne: should this go in the FAQ?

Andy