[korgypark] Re: A CONNECTION QUERY

  • From: Matthias Konrad <matthias.konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 10:41:56 +0200

01.06.03 16:40:03, "Phil Smith" <pjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi all,
>

>MAKING SOUNDS FROM X5DR AVAILABLE AT SAME TIME AS KEYBOARD SOUNDS
>

>My set up is simply a Casio PS-20 stage piano connected via MIDI-OUT to
>MIDI-IN
>
>( one cable ) to a Korg X5DR synth module with the right & left channel
>outputs taken from the synth to the right & left channel inputs of a Panasonic
>SY-
PA100 60W PA System.

>The sounds from my Casio will therefore only emerge from the speakers of the
>Casio at 5W when I choose to use them in preference to those on the Korg
unit.

>How can I connect up to make Korg sounds & Casio sounds both immediately
>available through the PA System? A neutral might be surprised to know that
IMHO the quality of piano sounds from the Casio are superior to those in the
Korg unit.

>Thanks for any help.

Imo, you will need a small mixer with (at least) 4 mono inputs (or 2 stereo
pairs). You connect the Casio´s and the Korg´s outs to the ins of the mixer.
The outs
of the mixer must be connected with the ins of the PA.
There are many different mixers available. For example small rack mixers from
MAM or Grapevine. Or you can use "real" mixers with EQ etc. Behringer have
such mixers wich are not too expensive.