[kochi_hw_club] athlon xp 2600 runs cool

  • From: Bobby P Rajan <bobbyprajan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hw_club <kochi_hw_club@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 22:44:44 +0530

hi

i bought an athlon 2600 xp for my friend today. we set it up at office
and to my surprise the heatsink of the processor was barely warm after
3-4 hours. the room has an ac, but still it had not warmed up to my
expectations -:)

thank god the pinnacle card about which i had send mail yesterday is
working with the new motherboard.

we talked to the intel customer support regarding nt installation on
prescott processors and we were told that it is not supported on NT
3.51, NT 4.0 and windows 95. i am now lobbying my app vendor to give me
a stable win2k version -:)

anybody having RDRAM prices ?

does creative have any cards based on the EMU10k1 sound processor which
does not do 5.1 analog output ?

regards

bobby