[klaatumail] Re: a Cheap Trick indeed...

  • From: A F <tnshell40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:43:03 -0700 (PDT)

>The Beatle rumor ruined Klaatu and MMMMMBop ruined Hanson, snappy as it
>is, nobody  will ever take them seriously.

I remember years ago right after MMMMMMBop hit and the 2nd single came off that
album they were interviewing one of the brothers that pretty much said what you
said.  They went into his musical influences and what he liked (a lot of older
Rock and Roll - or as the term had set in at the time CLASSIC ROCK) and played
the acoustic guitar well that if it were the 70's, he would have fit right in.

I guess once people see you one way it is hard to break that image, but for him
(though I must admit outside of MMMMBOP I never listened to them) the one thing
Hanson had/has over all 'boy bands' is the fact that they PLAYED THEIR OWN
INSTRUMENTS.

But things change, you never know.

In another question, while at the CD shop yesterday a CD for the Folklords is
in the used bin, thoughts, comments?  I would normally have given it a spin on
the Cd player there but someone that makes me an amature when buying discs was
in and going through a stack.

Alex