[klaatumail] Re: Stranded artwork

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:15:08 -0400

And just as a post-script to the artwork:

This was the painting that was designated briefly to be the artwork for
Klaatu's "SunSet". But because artist Ted Jones had painted it in his spare
time in 2004 -- and not on commission like all the other Klaatu album covers --
he was reluctant to part with it and sell it to the band.

Ted and Terry Draper have been life-long friends, and so, he gave it to Terry
as a gift. Ted, instead, created a new piece of artwork for Klaatu that became
"Sunset" -- which, in itself was based on my initial hap-hazard pyramid/obelisk
motif from the back of the Klaatu tribute album in 1998.

Ted's official name for the 'Stranded' artwork was Footprints.

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records
CDs: http://www.bullseyecanada.com
MP3s: http://www.bullseyesongs.com