[klaatumail] Klaatu site down temporarily

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <klaatu-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:11:31 -0400

I have been unable to reach the klaatu.org website this morning via
browser OR via FTP client.

I checked with dreamhost, our hosting company, and it appears our server
is down at the moment. It has been down since shortly after 4 AM (EST)
and is expected to be down for a total of 2-5 hours. Well, that's
obviously an incorrect estimate since we're now going on 6 hours without
the server being up.

So, if you're trying to reach Klaatu.org to see that great new album
artwork for the upcoming Terry Draper album, "Stranded", or just trying
to reach the site to dig around for some information, please excuse our
absence in the short term.

Hopefully the hosting company will have the problem with the server
(which required an fsck for those with technical knowledge of UNIX
systems) resolved soon.

Dave Bradley