[klaatumail] Re: Paypal (was: Dee Long CD)

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:01:50 -0500

Thanks for the alternate perspective, Dwayne.

When I first started accepting online orders for Bullseye in 1997, the Canadian
dollar was at $0.69 vs the US dollar. At one point I was getting $1.55 for
every $1.00 someone paid us for product. It's why we were able to offer free
shipping for so many years at the beginning. But as the Canadian dollar matched
parity, and eventually overtook, the US dollar in the early 2000's, we had to
change our way of doing business as we started losing money on every US sale.

Jaimie Vernon,
Author, Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Pop_Encyclopedia/
http://www.bullseyesongs.com/encyclopedia.html