[klaatumail] Re: Paypal (was: Dee Long CD)

  • From: Dwayne Bunney <earthshadows@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:24:56 +1100

As a banker I get these comments all the time.

The exchange rate you see on the news is NEVER what you will pay when you
purchase something online.

Companies will always knock a little off the market rate as their cut. It's
how they make their money.

And yes I agree. When the purchaser is charged a fee or lesser exchange rate
and the so is the merchant when he receives his funds, it IS double-dipping.
I don't like it either but it's the way of the world I'm afraid.

I'm just loving the fact that the AUD is at parity with the US at the
moment. About 5 years ago $1AUD = $0.45. Now THAT hurt when buying overseas!
But it was fantastic if selling overseas.

Dwayne

On 2011-02-25, at 2:07 AM, FreeLists Mailing List Manager