[klaatumail] Re: Good Macca live

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:18:01 -0500

> Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 02:10:13 -0800
>
> Same goes for The Smithereens treatment of Beatles tracks across 2 albums
> now.  Of course, now that they are doing Tommy, you begin to wonder if it is
> hero/influence-worship or merely running out of ideas.

Alas, it's an unspoken response to the reality of iTunes. I haven't seen any
stats, but my own experience has shown that cover tunes are out-selling
original material on iTunes now. Both Terry Draper's "Dixie", Dr. Lotech's
"Louie Louie" and my own remake of The Korgis' "Everybody's Gotta Learn
Sometime" cover tunes are our three top-selling downloads...ever.

I think previous generational acts are looking for something that'll connect
with audiences...at any level they can.

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records
1-800-JOE-RADI(O) // 1-800-563-7234
CDs: http://www.bullseyecanada.com
MP3s: http://www.bullseyesongs.com
RADIO: http://www.radiothatdoesntsuck.com
SWAG: http://www.cafepress.com/bullseyecanada
TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/bullseyecanada
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/bullseyecanada

Author, Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Pop_Encyclopedia/

PERSONAL - http://www.myspace.com/jaimievernonsmovingtargetz
               - http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/Jaimie-Vernon
BLOG - http://verminator.livejournal.com
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/jaimievernon

Eligible CDN College & University students can upgrade to Windows 7 before Jan
3 for only $39.99. Upgrade now!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?91819