[klaatumail] Get Yer Fa La La's Out - KLAATU Kontent

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 16:05:23 -0500

Many years ago Bullseye released a CD called "Takin' Care Of Christmas" with 15
yuletide tracks by (mostly) Canadian indie artists. Before that, we released a
limited edition CD called Bullseye Christmas.

Through the marvel of modern technology we've married the two releases (with
the exception of two songs...due to rights issues) and added a bunch of new
material as the downloadable "Get Yer Fa La La's Out" [no, there will be no CD
version of this].

It contains 22 tracks including these Klaatu-related items:

KLAATU "December Dream" - previously unavailable digital version of the 7" edit
(different than the one on Solology/Raarities)

TERRY DRAPER "Christmas Time Is Here Again"...the commercially available studio
version from 2001 AND the very rare Swamp Manor live-off-the-floor version with
Glenn Belcher (guitar) and Jaimie Vernon (bass, backing vocals). This is also a
Beatles' Christmas tune; we've also got Terry's previously unreleased LIVE
performance of "A Song For Christmas" recorded in 2002 at Toronto's Hard Rock
Cafe; and a neat little Christmas 'message' called "Seasons Greetings From Aria
52".

MAUREEN LEESON "A Song For Christmas" originally only found on Terry Draper's
"Furzall Family" EP available here. Draper wrote, recorded and produced this
track.

DR. LOTECH "Xmas Spasmas" is this former Terry & The Twilight Zone
keyboardist's Frank Zappa-esque spin on a Christmas track.

JAIMIE VERNON (that's me!) doing a track with MOVING TARGETZ called "Hear Us
Now (It's Christmas Time)"

MIKE VANCHA....a long-lost Klaatu mailing list member with an original tune
called "Christmas Every Day"

JOEL-STEVEN...a dedicated, long-standing Klaatu list member doing his original
track "All I Want For Christmas"

You'll also get great tunes by The Carpet Frogs (Burton Cummings/Randy Bachman
backing band), Jeff Jones (of Tom Cochrane & Red Rider fame), Tom Hooper
(ex-Grapes Of Wrath), The Kings (who had a major hit with "Switchin' To Glide"
back in the '80s), Bob Segarini (he of Wackers/Family Tree/Roxy fame), and MORE!

http://www.cdfreedom.com/artists/christmas/catalog/getyerfalalasout

Jaimie Vernon,
President, Bullseye Records
1-800-JOE-RADI(O) // 1-800-563-7234
CDs: http://www.bullseyecanada.com
MP3s: http://www.bullseyesongs.com
RADIO: http://www.radiothatdoesntsuck.com
SWAG: http://www.cafepress.com/bullseyecanada
TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/bullseyecanada
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/bullseyecanada

Author, Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Pop_Encyclopedia/

PERSONAL - http://www.myspace.com/jaimievernonsmovingtargetz
               - http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/Jaimie-Vernon
BLOG - http://verminator.livejournal.com
FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/jaimievernon

Ready. Set. Get a great deal on Windows 7. See fantastic deals on Windows 7 now
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?91818